Safeguarding Children Online Training
Safeguarding Children Online Training
Safeguarding Children Online Training video
Safeguarding Children Online Training FREE TRIAL
Take an instant free trial of this course. No card details are required.
Safeguarding Children Online Training Introduction
Welcome to this Safeguarding Children course. During this training you will hear many facts, figures and details surrounding the risk to children, the types of abuse suffered, how to recognise the signs of abuse and key safeguarding legislations put in place to minimise the abuse of children.
Everyone, regardless of their age, gender, religion, ethnicity, or background has the right to a health happy life. Safeguarding is a term that describes the work and processes undertaken to minimise and manage the risks to vulnerable individuals with the aim of ensuring these most basic human rights are met.
Legislation and government guidance define safeguarding as:
- the protection of all individuals from ill treatment
- implementing measures that prevent the impairment of an individual’s well-being and development
- taking the appropriate action to ensure the best outcome for vulnerable people
- to ensure every person’s environment and circumstances are consistent with the provision of safe and effect measures
There are many types of training in relation to safeguarding however they can be split up into two basic areas: Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Safeguarding Children. If you work with or come in to contact with vulnerable adults, then you will need the Safeguarding Adults course.
Who needs Safeguarding Children Online Training?
This Safeguarding Children course is aimed at anyone who has a duty of care for or comes in to contact with children in their chosen profession. This includes but is not limited to:
- Teachers and those who work in the education sector
- Sports Coaches
- Social Workers and those who work in welfare
At the end of this course, you will have learned to:
- define key terminology in relation to safeguarding and protecting children
- explain the key principles of relevant safeguarding legislation and guidance
- be able to manage the environment to minimise the risk of harm to children
- recognise signs and symptoms of abuse and bullying
- respond appropriately to disclosure of abuse and bullying
- follow correct procedure about when, how and who to refer a concern about a child’s safety or welfare, including referral to other agencies
- explain the actions you will need to take to keep yourself safe and well
Safeguarding Children Online Training Modules
Our training tutor, Sian, will take you through the Safeguarding Children course. This consists of a series of videos followed by multiple choice questions. It is recommended that you work through the modules in order. You can review the videos as many times as you need before submitting your answers. If you need to stop at any point, simply log back in and our intuitive system will start again from the last completed module.
You will have three free attempts to pass your course before you will need to give us a call to reset your account. Upon successful completion of your training, your certificate will be available to download straight away.
The course duration is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. As you can watch and refer back to the videos as often as you like, the actual time may vary.
Online Training Key Points
Our flexible online training gives you the power to choose how and when to take your course. Working to your own pace with our easy-to-use software will give you an efficient and cost-effective way to do your training.
- ACCESSIBLE: training can be taken using your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC
- FREE TRIAL: take the first module for free and make sure it is the right course for you
- INTERACTIVE: easy to follow video tutorials with three chances to take the test again
- STOP/START TRAINING: pause the course and pick up again later from where you left it
We offer price reductions on multiple purchases. We also have an unlimited monthly subscription service for those of you with a large amount of people requiring ongoing training. Call 0800 772 0812 to find out more about this.
Safeguarding Children Online Training is approved by:
CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.